Macbook and World of Warcraft

T

tinyteddy

Hey forum peeps, does anyone have any idea how World of Warcraft would run on a macbook with 1gig of ram? I've already decided to buy a macbook, but my friend (who's on a budget) needs to know how well it would play, since it's his favorite game. I recommended a macbook pro, but its out of his price range. Thanks :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you could wait to you get yours and then let him play on yours and see if he likes it or not... I really don't know how fast it will run. It does however have a integrated graphics card which can not be good for game playing.

OP
T

tinyteddy

The main reason he hasn't purchased one is because of the integrated graphics card. Both of us are kinda worried about it. We're going to wait and see the results of people's benchmarks (when they post them) I can't try WOW on mine, because we don't have a mac version..and I don't buy game unless I know they can work.

Reaction score
tinyteddy said:
I can't try WOW on mine, because we don't have a mac version..and I don't buy game unless I know they can work.

There is no OS X specific version. All the WoW discs support both.

OP
T

tinyteddy

ooo, sorry. I've never played WoW before, so I didn't know. I'm just asking on my friend's behalf. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
lets try to stay on topic shall we?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lol i have never played either.. don't shoot me.. just never played. I think what you should do is buy a copy and play it on your laptop, and if it does not turn out well, then play it on a different computer (other mac or other pc)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
mynameis said:
The title of the thread is "Macbook and World of Warcraft", we are talking about WoW...

..and how it performs, not the game.

OP
T

tinyteddy

I've never played it because frankly, I'm not much of a pc gamer..with the notable exception of some classics. I've read that the Mac mini has the same video configuration....so has anyone tried WoW on a mac mini and can report the results? Also does adding more RAM to the macbook improve the intergrated graphics? Thanks ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
tinyteddy said:
ooo, sorry. I've never played WoW before, so I didn't know. I'm just asking on my friend's behalf. Thanks for the help.

If you know someone who has purchased WoW before the game comes with a free trial code. So if your friend lent you the disks you could test it out. The game doesn't need the disks to run, Blizzard designed it this way to market their product. So ask someone who has the game if you can give their free trial a shot.

As far as I know there was a post on how well a macbook did with 512mb ram and it wasn't good. Very choppy. Even adding ram wouldn't help much at that rate. I had a dell with 512mb ram and adding 512 more only increased the load time but barely affected the FPS.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing. :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Did i say increased, i meant decreased load time... SOrry :closed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.