Cancelled Order lol

C

caveatipss

Heck with it..I cancelled the Mini order. I will just keep saving and get the 20" iMac in a couple of weeks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
:spook: Dang! I should have taken that bet on you canceling your order. I would be rich!! Jk!

OP
L

lil

*Always* the best idea. Do not give into temptation, you will just end up with something you really do not want. Stick to your guns and get what you really want—that way you will be happiest with it and it will last a lot longer. To buy the Mini and then find it isn't what you want will be much more costly in the long run.

I used a 7200/90 up until last year (age 21) because I too could not afford the Mac I really wanted, a Power Macintosh G3, then a G4, then a PowerBook.... took a lot of saving! But when I did get it, I was sooooo happy.

I did have a half decent PC laptop whilst at University but I got so wound up with Windows I ended up dragging my ancient 7200/90 back into action as it was just a whole bunch more reliable.

Good things come to those who wait :flower:

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
I got my 20" iMac a few days ago, and I am very satisfied with it so far. Good decision with changing the order.

Reaction score
I wake my iMac G5 every day since november 21st (my 18th birthday) and I'm loving it again and again. It just tells me "be creative, make a movie, record a podcast" and I get all busy loving how it works.

Still need more RAM though. Maybe I should open up http://buymeastickof1gbram.blogspot.com

Should work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I did the same thing, I ordered a iBook, cancelled that order and a few weeks later bought my PowerBook G4 15 inch. Then Uncle Sam was very good to us this year so I could get my wife a iMac 20 inch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Dillinger-63 said:
I did the same thing, I ordered a iBook, cancelled that order and a few weeks later bought my PowerBook G4 15 inch. Then Uncle Sam was very good to us this year so I could get my wife a iMac 20 inch.

Don't really want to thread jack but its only cavetipss so... What happened to your Doberman? Very sorry to see you lost a best friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
techster82 said:
Don't really want to thread jack but its only cavetipss so... What happened to your Doberman? Very sorry to see you lost a best friend.

I was a K-9 officer in Florida, (now retired) and he was killed in a burgulary in progress by some loser, the guy shot him with a 22, a lucky shot that hit him in the heart.

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Sorry to hear that, I have a doberman although he's only about 1 and a half years old (but he weighs over 100 lbs! haha)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i have been telling you to wait for over a month now i think, so good choice!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
lil said:
*Always* the best idea. Do not give into temptation, you will just end up with something you really do not want. Stick to your guns and get what you really want—that way you will be happiest with it and it will last a lot longer. To buy the Mini and then find it isn't what you want will be much more costly in the long run.

I used a 7200/90 up until last year (age 21) because I too could not afford the Mac I really wanted, a Power Macintosh G3, then a G4, then a PowerBook.... took a lot of saving! But when I did get it, I was sooooo happy.

I did have a half decent PC laptop whilst at University but I got so wound up with Windows I ended up dragging my ancient 7200/90 back into action as it was just a whole bunch more reliable.

Good things come to those who wait :flower:

Vicky

Yeah definately. I've been waiting to buy a Mini for a few months now because I was getting my security deposit back from my old apartment this month. What I *really* wanted was a 13.3" MacBook; although it was just a rumor and wasn't officially announced, the size made logical sense in Apple's upgrade path and I kept my fingers crossed. It's been really, really difficult to wait, but they finally released them which means I'll be picking one up in a week or so. I'm soooo glad I waited! As icing on the cake, they even have a black one. I couldn't ask for anything more :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.