Apple iMac & Wreless-Router(Linksys)

J

Jordan23

ok heres the problem(bear with me lol)..

i recently just got 17inch iMac..tiger loaded and erething blah blah.i've had a wireless connection before so i connected with the iMac for the first time last night and it worked perfect. no problem, then after 15-20 mins i noticed the connection kept going in and out.so i just left it there.next morning i try to connect i not only cant connect but i dont even get a signal.im not the smartest in the world about this wireless technology but i DEFINITELY need help.i also re-installed the wireless setup and everything.still cant connect....can anybody help me out with this?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Strip all he security out of your connection, take it out of mixed mode and try again.

then add security little by little.

OP
J

Jordan23

Wireless

MacsWork said:
Strip all he security out of your connection, take it out of mixed mode and try again.

then add security little by little.

how would i do that??i remember seeing something like mixed mode.if mixed mode mode means G, AND B.I put G-only.(hope that helps)

Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
I would make sure that AirPort is still on. Secondly, you may want to go back in to the wireless settings and reset the wireless options. Sometimes, I have ran in to the problem of the power going out, etc. and it causes the router to shut off the wireless settings and not "broadcast" that signal. Best of luck to you...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.