OSX 10.4 on a iBook G3 300mhz?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
None yet!
I have a iBook G3 Clam Shell that only has a 300mhz in it. It currently has a 4GB HDD in it with OSX 10.2.8 on it. I want to install OSX 10.4 on it. Is this possible to do? Or am I stuck with OSX 10.2.8 on it?
I have OSX 10.4 disks from a iBook G4 but it wont recognise the CD's. Please let me know what I can do here.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you can not install software from other computers.. it does a hardware check..

secondly.. in order to install you need a dvd drive (you can order it on cds if your computer meets all the other requirements)

Third: I do not believe your system has a firewire port, which is a requirement for tiger.. you can probably put panther on the system but make sure you have the correct amount of ram.. the more the better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
B

Badger

This model is "officially" supported through 10.3 but according to Low End Mac you can install 10.4 by using XPostFacto. However, when you consider the higher demands of Tiger compared to Panther, and the fact that many of the new features of Tiger are more "eyecandy" than really useful, you may wish to go with Panther.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
None yet!
Ok.. thanks I also have panther and think that I will just try to instal that on to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.