Your choice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
Next year We will be able to use laptops. Up until now I was planning on getting a powermac 2.3. But now that we will be able to use laptops in school I am thining about the lowest MBP. I would still rather have the powermac because the extra power helps and I watch alot of dvds. This will be my only computer. what would you take, MBP or powermac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
what are you actually going to use it for? If you dont need a dedicated gfx card (ie not going to use Aperture/Final Cut etc) then get the macbook

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
I see most of you guys say to get the macbook pro. I dont use final cut now, but I use photoshop and imovie. How is the 2.0 macbook pro with games?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Hmm... with the MBP for gaming, you'd be fine, and you could set up a Windows Partition to run other games.

Photoshop won't run yet, as it has to run under Rosetta (a PPC chip emulator) and from what I heard runs REALLY slow. iMovie works great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.