Security Lock?

I

iRizzo

Hey everybody I just got my new 15inch MBP and will be heading off to college this August. I am very concerned with keeping my laptop safe. I was reading the manual and saw something about a security lock. I found a few on the Apple site by the brand "Kennsington." Does anybody have any experience with these locks? How do they work? Thanks in advance!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You use the cable lock to lock your system to an object that can not be easily moved. Like most computer desk with a open in them. You loop the cable through the hole, slip the cable end throught the cable loop. Then lock the lock to the laptop.

They work very well in causing the would be thief to look some where else.

OP
I

iRizzo

Awesome thanks for the reply. There's 2 on the Apple site made by Kensington. It doesn't say if they work for the Macbook Pros. All it says is Powerbook G4 and iBook. And I know the security port is in a different location on the MBP than on the PB. Anybody know if they will still work?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just avoid the combination lock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.