iChat and MSN

J

joelbastedo

I have the latest version of MSN Messenger for Mac, which I use to keep in touch with my friends. They all use Windows, and there are all sorts of features available to them that aren't available to me (video conversations, etc.).

Question: Is there currently any software that works through the MSN Messenger network that lets Mac users access these features? How do Mac users have video conversations? I know we have iChat, but that can't be the answer -- it looks like it only works with AOL, and I have yet to meet a real person who uses AOL.

Suggestions?

Reaction score
joelbastedo said:
I have the latest version of MSN Messenger for Mac, which I use to keep in touch with my friends. They all use Windows, and there are all sorts of features available to them that aren't available to me (video conversations, etc.).

Question: Is there currently any software that works through the MSN Messenger network that lets Mac users access these features? How do Mac users have video conversations? I know we have iChat, but that can't be the answer -- it looks like it only works with AOL, and I have yet to meet a real person who uses AOL.

Suggestions?

as of right now there arent any solutions. you can always get amsn to have the video chat with your friends. just google it. another alternative would be mercury messenger aswel. im quite disapointed myself that the messenger:mac version doesnt support the same features like voice, video, and games. theres been a petition flying around the internet with people who want the messenger:mac version to have the same features as the windows one. lets hope microsoft smartens up soon, or they will find their download rate decrease with users switching to other apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.