Which iPods play video?

J

JimmyHat

I've been looking around for an iPod that'll play videos, but so far the only ones which seem to do this are the 30gb and 60gb models.

Not that that's a problem, but my powerbook only has a 10gb drive. I see no reason to spend upwards of $400 on an mp3 player. So I'm looking for an older/used iPod that'll do video, but with a smaller (and cheaper) capacity. 1 or 2 gb would do fine.

Do the older 4 gen iPods play video? Can you update the software on them to get this feature? Or is it only limited to the 5th gen ones?

I'm trying to find one for the best price possible. I can't justify dropping that much dough on an mp3 player! I would go with another brand, except that none of them work as easily with iTunes, and that's really what I'm aiming for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook ipod 5th gen 30GB (white)
I am afraid that 5th gen ipods are the only ipods that are currently capable of video playback. Though you must remember that ipods are still music first, video second and for this reason the battery life of these ipods are not very good when using video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
What you could also do is set up your iPod so that it doesn't automatically update, you just drag and drop, so that way once it's on your iPod, it's ON. then you delete it from your computer and it's on there. If you want it off, go to your iPod, and hit "delete"

OP
I

iMacMan

jackwaters said:
I am afraid that 5th gen ipods are the only ipods that are currently capable of video playback. Though you must remember that ipods are still music first, video second and for this reason the battery life of these ipods are not very good when using video.

True, Very True, Extremely true, So true my eyes fell in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
also, you couldn't fit much video on a 1 or 2 gig video player....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.