iBook no longer charging battery. Help!

T

tinyteddy

Once again I need this forum's help. I accidentally left my ibook clamshell (don't laugh) on for a day. When I found it the battery was dead. This has happened before, so I usually just reset the PRAM or PMU. I did both of these...no results. I even took out the battery and reset both of them again. Ok when I power on the ibook, the battery charges for about five minutes...then the cord goes green again. The batteries capacity is 80% and was working fine a couple days ago...so I don't think its dead. Can someone help?

BTW: the clamshell is running Panther.

OP
I

iMacMan

Well, Might I recommend getting a new battery? just a suggestion. I have a Toshiba T1100+, same problem that my parents wont let me look at.

Reaction score
yeh its time for a new battery Im having the same problem just waiting for paycheck so i can buy one , ebay has a 4600mah ( i think thats the right letters at the end) for around 70 with shipping included

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.