Bootcamp's ability at playing older Windows games?

T

tinyteddy

Hey everyone, I'm seriously considering buying the new macbook. I've heard a lot about bootcamp and I am wondering how well games work while running XP. If I get a macbook, I'm just using XP for games. I'm not looking at playing anything new (just old games designed for Windows 95 or 98 like Rouge Squadron LOL) Anyone know? Thanks :p

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Will the games work on a PC with XP? If so, they should work fine on the Mac with Bootcamp. Rogue Squadron plays fine in XP.

OP
T

tinyteddy

All the games work fine on my families XP computers, thanks for the reply

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
tinyteddy said:
All the games work fine on my families XP computers, thanks for the reply

I installed XP on my Core Duo Mini and played GTA, GTA3 and San Andreas, and many others, they all played great.

OP
T

tinyteddy

Sweet...thanks for the reply dtravis7. I was concerned about the intergrated graphics.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tinyteddy said:
Sweet...thanks for the reply dtravis7. I was concerned about the intergrated graphics.

Since you brought that part up, only DOOM III was a bit jerky which I expected with the Intel 950. If I played it at 800x600 though it was not all that bad. just 1024x768 and higher.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.