• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New store will never close....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook ipod 5th gen 30GB (white)
The new Apple store that will be opening tomorrow will never shut it's doors. This means that it will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. This is amazing!!!!

The shop looks great inside and it is huge, take a look:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1757

I've never heard of this being done before....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
Can't wait to see opening day photos...how long do you think the line to the door is already?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Thats insane, I wish they would do that where I live. I know there have been plenty of times where I could have used an apple store late at night, but I know this type of thing will never happen in Oklahoma.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i heard that a whole lot of nothing happens in the OK....kidding.

that is a cool idea, but how many people are going to be like "hey, its 230am i am going to go buy a 2,000 dollar powermac" ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
> open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year

Ah, just like Wal*Mart ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:

that is a cool idea, but how many people are going to be like "hey, its 230am i am going to go buy a 2,000 dollar powermac" ?

the better question is how many employees would @$%& their pants if somebody came in and bought a 2,000 powermac at 230am. From what I read on that link and two otehrs, it seems like it'll function more as like a wireless hangout or study hall (more so than a store) that late/early.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
coach_z said:

Maybe if people are like working on a project that they need finished and something breaks, they can replace it. Nobody buys a PM that early in the morning. :p

That store is huge though. Bigger than Apple Store: Arden Fair Mall. HUGE. :closed:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
coach_z said:

It's true, for me atleast, mainly because I dont go to bars. Pretty much everything closes at 9 except for restaurants, bars, and pool halls. The pool halls are full of cigarette smoke so I try to stay away.

What would be awesome about having a store thats open 24/7, when new products come out you could start selling them at midnight and have big parties for the new product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
wow i need to go there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram
I am going to NYC in July, this has just been put on my top priority for things to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
what about all the drunk people that are gonna come in wicked early and buy computers....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Ha HA, I am in the store RIGHT NOW.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Discerptor said:
Ha HA, I am in the store RIGHT NOW.

take a photo on an isight and post it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Am I the only one bored enough to be watching the time lapse videos on the apple mainpage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
TBoblp said:
Am I the only one bored enough to be watching the time lapse videos on the apple mainpage?

Hate to break it to you but the videos looped. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i know, i just was watching each hour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
the time lapse videos are pretty cool. i like watching it get dark on the 20:00 one. :)

Reaction score
lol check out the time lapse now, some guy used it to propose!

I wonder how long he had to stand there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Sorry, guys. I just kind of made the post and then left the gorgeous 17-inch MacBook Pro to go look at other neat stuff, so I didn't see the iSight request. Man, when I was on line outside the store, I met a couple of really cool guys and we just spent hours talking about technology; it was great. Some notes about the store and Apple stuff in general I thought I might share:

-The entire store is actually underground with the glass cube being what you have to walk into to get to either the stairs or the glass elevator.

-The store is actually all on one floor but really big.

-There's a nice bench-type thing around the elevator in the middle of the store, where people can sit down and relax or even pop out their own laptops if they want to.

-Steve Jobs was at the store, making appearances both outside and inside over the course of the evening. For his grand exit at around 11-something, he sadly did not take the glass elevator but instead went out an employee exit.

-I'm sure most of you know this by now, but I hadn't seen an iPod nano up close before and those things are REALLY REALLY small. It boggles my mind.

-The quality of the image on the iSight camera built-in on the new Macs is astoundingly good. The only improvement I could think of is a way to accommodate dim conditions better.

-MacBooks were definitely the hot item at the store, seeing as I was there for more than 2 hours and wasn't able to get my hands on one even once! I definitely like the new look they have, even more so then the iBook G4's.

-One neat feature of the store is that there was a wandering cashier dude with a scanning device. If you were paying by credit card and were okay with having an email receipt instead of a printed one, you could just take whatever you were buying to him, and he'd scan your stuff and give you a bag.

-As I'm sure you're all aware of by now, this place was PACKED. I got there between 7 and 8, and I had to wait in line until right before 10:00 to get into the store. Amusingly enough, there was a team of Apple employees at the entrance to the glass cube whose only job was to clap and cheer every time someone entered or exited the store. I wonder if they'll be there all the time and not just today. :)

That's all. If you guys have any questions about the store, I'll try to answer them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't understand what or where the store was until I saw that steve job video describing how it's underground. pretty darn cool, i think. were there any areas with tables and chairs or anything where you could imaginepeople being there at 2 am working on a project or something?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.