front row + remote w/ ibook?

H

h0wstrange

I recently played with Front Row and the Apple remote on my friend's new MacBook Pro.. I thought it was probably the coolest thing ever. I want to know if there's any way to use Front Row and a remote with my iBook G4. I've searched a little bit online and found a Front Row enabler for any mac running 10.4.5 or later; but I'm not sure about the remote.. Can I just buy an Apple remote and use it on my iBook? Has anyone tried?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You cannot use a remote with your iBook G4.

Reaction score
There are some replica Front Row Apps that are available, Media Central and something else. Also you used to be able to get a hacked version of Front Row for older macs, i seem to remember Apple shutting it down tho, it being illegal and all!

If you try one of the alternatives you can use a program calle sailingclicker to use a bluetooth phone to control it instead of the remote. They aren't perfect replicas but are a good compromise.

Spend some time on google or versiontracker.com and you should find the lot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.