info.plist question

M

meskue

Does anyone know if simply adding file extensions to a package's info.plist file will associate those files with the installed application or does this also need to be specified in other areas as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
The info.plist file is already part of an application (in most cases) so I'm not really sure what you're asking...

If you dig around in the plist you'll find the name of the app that it's associated with.

OP
M

meskue

basically i have an application which i created an installer package for using PackageMaker, i would like to associate files with this application, the buit package contains a info.plist file however the file does not contain any file association declarations, if I add these declarations to the info.plist file will the application then be associated with those extensions and do i need to add these declarations anywhere else or will the operating system automatically check for this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.