PowerBook G4 Aluminum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Okey, so i have been using Windows Computers all my life, My dad's friend just gave me his PowerBook G4 Aluminum Model # A1104, and i am really excited because i think Macs are Cool. The problem is that i need a power cord and the restore CD. I must say i am very new to all this Mac World, so i would apprciate it if someone could tell me what PowerCord and Restore CD (MAC OS X Tiger? Panther? Rabbit? Jaggur? :p ) should i purchase? I am not sure what Mac OS X version and Charger is compatibile with the PowerBook G4.

BTW I searched on Ebay for the powercord, but i heard people have been complaining that they damage very easily. From Experience, what do you think works?

Thanks Alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
mimi8 said:
I am not sure what Mac OS X version and Charger is compatibile with the PowerBook G4.

You could easily purchase and install Tiger, that'd be your best bet. As far as chargers I haven't heard of them being frail :closed: I'm sure one from eBay will be just fine or even directly from Apple, but I'm sure Apple will charge more.

L

lil

I use my PowerBook G4's power adapter + cord every day, including at work where it gets knocked, scuffed, kinked etc and not a single issue yet

Vicky

OP
mimi8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Thanks for the reply guys! I am buying the [Extra Portable Power Adapter - 65W (for iBook & PowerBook)] and the [Mac OS X Triger] from Apple.com. Another question: Can you buy a used Mac OS X Tiger DVD? I thought it was one DVD per comp, like it can't install itself on more than one computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
You can buy a used copy AFAIK but Apple only condones putting one copy per machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.