invalid web browser

J

jfb67

I'm trying to login in to a website (PERKINS1.COM) wich is a food supplier for my company, with safari I always get a error message "invalid web browser try a more updated web browser IE or Netscape I tried that and I also tried Firefox it still doesn't work.
I'm almost sure that the company that created that "login system" created that system only for windows.
Does anybody have any ideias how to work around that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hi!

If you download Camino and install the additional 'Camitools', it will let you spoof your browser's identity to the website.

I just tried setting it to 'Internet Explorer 6' and was at least able to reach the username & password prompt, so I'd assume it works for the rest as well.

If you want to give that a try, download camino here:
www.caminobrowser.org

and then download the additional 'Camitools' from here:
www.pimpmycamino.com

and when it's all installed, go to Camino's preferences (command+;) and the last pane should now be Camitools. Select the 'view' options and at the bottom left you can select which browser will be reported to the website.
Select internet explorer and it should work...

OP
J

jfb67

Perfect answer

Aptmunich said:
Hi!

If you download Camino and install the additional 'Camitools', it will let you spoof your browser's identity to the website.

I just tried setting it to 'Internet Explorer 6' and was at least able to reach the username & password prompt, so I'd assume it works for the rest as well.

If you want to give that a try, download camino here:
www.caminobrowser.org

and then download the additional 'Camitools' from here:
www.pimpmycamino.com

and when it's all installed, go to Camino's preferences (command+;) and the last pane should now be Camitools. Select the 'view' options and at the bottom left you can select which browser will be reported to the website.
Select internet explorer and it should work...

I can't believe it worked I have been in every site for this and all the other answers didn't work, I'm new to computers and even more to Mac and I have been so excited about having my first Mac (Macbook pro) it's so much better than windows, but I was ready to quit, thanks alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
if you prefer using Safari, you could try Safari Enhancer, it has an option to change which browser Safari identifies itself as

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I tried Safari Enhancer and set it to IE, Netscape and nothing would let it log in. I tried the latest Firefox and even latest Opera set to emulate IE and they would not work either. Only Camino with Camino Enhancer would let one go to the Login page. Amazing. Someone did not do their homework when designing the page. Firefox works with almost any page I ever visit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
dtravis7 said:
I tried Safari Enhancer and set it to IE, Netscape and nothing would let it log in. I tried the latest Firefox and even latest Opera set to emulate IE and they would not work either. Only Camino with Camino Enhancer would let one go to the Login page. Amazing. Someone did not do their homework when designing the page. Firefox works with almost any page I ever visit
interesting. you'd think that if one worked the other would too

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
michaelstumpf said:
interesting. you'd think that if one worked the other would too

Agreed!

I made sure it made the changes to Safari. I was more shocked even Firefox would not let me go to the login page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hehe, weird...

I didn't specifically say Camino because I knew Safari wouldn't work, I just happened to be set to IE in camino and gave it a whirl...

Glad it worked out for you!

OP
J

jfb67

Everything works fine until a put in the username and password, i can see the next page for a second or two something is blocking it from going to the "order sheet".
Can someone help me with that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is popup/ad-blocking turned off in Camino?

You haven't said if you've tried IE for mac yet? Maybe that'll work if Camino spoofing doesn't. If not, your only other options would be emulation (if you're on a powerPC mac: Virtual PC or GuestPC) or dual-booting (only works on intel based macs).

Personally I'd also get in touch with the company and suggest they get it fixed... Maybe say you can't use IE due to the security risks it poses for your company's sensitive information

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
Went to that site with Firefox (no extensions except AdBlock Plus) and it works just fine.

Edited to add: Oh, I see. Once you try to log in, it will give you this page: http://tibernet.net/htSysMsg/BadBrowser.htm

OP
J

jfb67

Kar98 said:
Went to that site with Firefox (no extensions except AdBlock Plus) and it works just fine.

Edited to add: Oh, I see. Once you try to log in, it will give you this page: http://tibernet.net/htSysMsg/BadBrowser.htm
I GO ONE STEP FURTHER THEN THAT.
I can see the ordering form page for about 1 to 2 seconds then I get this message:

Commerce has launched a separate pop-up window to begin the ordering process. If you are not able to view the ordering window you must temporarily disable any pop-up blockers being applied by your web browser.

Pop-up blockers are only available on the following platforms and may vary depending on the type and version of your browser. Click on a link below for information on how to disable common pop-up blockers:

Internet Explorer (on Windows XP)

Google Toolbar

Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1)

Yahoo Toolbar

For example, if a pop-up window is blocked by Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1) users will hear a sound and notification will be presented in both the Information Bar and the Status Bar. Click on the notification in either bar to display a menu containing options enabling you to temporarily allow pop-ups, add the Commerce site to the Allow list or customize pop-up blocker settings.

Once the Commerce pop-up ordering window is open you may close this window.

OP
J

jfb67

jfb67 said:
I GO ONE STEP FURTHER THEN THAT.
I can see the ordering form page for about 1 to 2 seconds then I get this message:

Commerce has launched a separate pop-up window to begin the ordering process. If you are not able to view the ordering window you must temporarily disable any pop-up blockers being applied by your web browser.

Pop-up blockers are only available on the following platforms and may vary depending on the type and version of your browser. Click on a link below for information on how to disable common pop-up blockers:

Internet Explorer (on Windows XP)

Google Toolbar

Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1)

Yahoo Toolbar

For example, if a pop-up window is blocked by Internet Explorer (on Windows 2003 SP1) users will hear a sound and notification will be presented in both the Information Bar and the Status Bar. Click on the notification in either bar to display a menu containing options enabling you to temporarily allow pop-ups, add the Commerce site to the Allow list or customize pop-up blocker settings.

Once the Commerce pop-up ordering window is open you may close this window.

Can someone help me with this. I've come this close and I would hate to give up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
When you go to the website, look at the very top of the page. If it displays something that looks like this attatched image, it is because of Camino blocking the pop-up.

If you can click "unblock" that would work. Alternatively you can go to Camino's preferences (Camino -> Preferences) and on the "Web Features" pane you can either turn off the "Block pop-up windows" option, or if you know the url of the site that is sendind the pop-up, you can add that to the "Exceptions List"

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Ha ebaumsworld. Funnys stuff on that site. But back on topic, you should definitely call the Co. and alert them about the site.

OP
J

jfb67

IronMac said:
Ha ebaumsworld. Funnys stuff on that site. But back on topic, you should definitely call the Co. and alert them about the site.

I did but they just say yes, I don't think they are going to change anything just for one customer with a Mac.
I have a Toshiba laptop (windows) that works fine but I just got into Apple and I love everything about it and want to use it for everything I can possibly use it for.

OP
J

jfb67

claudius753 said:
When you go to the website, look at the very top of the page. If it displays something that looks like this attatched image, it is because of Camino blocking the pop-up.

If you can click "unblock" that would work. Alternatively you can go to Camino's preferences (Camino -> Preferences) and on the "Web Features" pane you can either turn off the "Block pop-up windows" option, or if you know the url of the site that is sendind the pop-up, you can add that to the "Exceptions List"
No it doesn't look like that image, and I tried without the pop-up blocker on and it still doesn't work the ordering page shows up for about a second and it goes off and it says the page wasn't process correctly????????.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jfb67 said:
I did but they just say yes, I don't think they are going to change anything just for one customer with a Mac.
I have a Toshiba laptop (windows) that works fine but I just got into Apple and I love everything about it and want to use it for everything I can possibly use it for.

What browser are you using on that Toshiba when the page works? The only thing I tried on my PC's that worked all the way there was IE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jfb67 said:
But it won't even work with firefox on a pc...
Internet explorer is much more dangerous to be running on a machine with important data, so just say you want to use firefox on your pc because IE is so insecure...
No need to mention macs at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.