Back up mail?

Reaction score
I want to re-install OSX and I want to back everything up first. I have a number of e-mails in folders that want to keep. Is there a way of saving these to disk or an external hard drive?

Thanks Tony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
User/Library/Mail is where all your emails are stored. Just copy and store those folders :)

M

MJGUK

That should work fine, but if you ever wanted a more advanced backup method.....I use MailSteward to backup all my mail and it works a treat :)

Reaction score
I created a new Mailbox, copied some emails to that mailbox and then dragged it to the deskstop. I can't get those emails back into the Mail Application. I tried the option "import mailboxes" and selected the folder .mbox in my desktop but it says that it founds nothing. How can I get those emails back into the application so I can see and read them as they were before? Any help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.