what does this mean?

C

chris041067

when i start up my powerbook running panther, first a little icon comes up that looks like the earth and then a folder with a flashing question mark comes up....what do these things mean?

OP
C

chris041067

why do an icon that looks like a world and a folder with a flashing question mark come up when i start up my powerbook running panther?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It looks like your startup folder was changed somehow. Go to System Preferences --> Startup Disc --> Select your OS Folder

The earth thingy means its trying to find the boot volume on a network and the folder with ? mark its searching the HD for the boot volume. It is harmless to have it go through that but it will slow you down

OP
C

chris041067

trpnmonkey41 said:
It looks like your startup folder was changed somehow. Go to System Preferences --> Startup Disc --> Select your OS Folder

The earth thingy means its trying to find the boot volume on a network and the folder with ? mark its searching the HD for the boot volume. It is harmless to have it go through that but it will slow you down

thank you very much, that fixed it :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.