New here with questions

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I am soon to be a mac user. I am looking around for a decent laptop but I had a bunch of questions that I can't seem to get a straight answer on and I'm hoping to get some input from actual users.

1) A friend is trying to sell me his iBook G3. The harddrive on it crashed but everything else is good. Brand new OS, airport installed, upgraded ram and all software with it. The condition of it is probably a 8.5/10. How much do you think would be a reasonable offer for it. I was thinking 300?

2) As far as gaming goes, are these any good? My desktop does a pretty good job with a AMD 3500 and a pretty decent graphics card. Will a G3 handle games decently?

3) Whats a decent price for a G4 Powerbook? I want the best for my money and the most I will probably send is around 600 or so (college student). Any suggestions?

Well, I hope I can get some help. Thanks alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Wrong section.
Try "Switcher's Hangout"

A) Reasonable, if you have the money to replace the HD as well. (And know how to do it)

B) If you want to play games, don't get a Mac. I have a seperate PC for gaming and the only actually good games for Mac are Quake 4 and Halo. And I prefer both on PC. If you were to play games, they would suck on a iBook G3's gfx card.

3) Depends on the specs of the laptop.

OP
S
Reaction score
I appreciate the input.

The main reason for getting a iBook is so i can surf the net and occasional movies and music.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Moved to proper forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
Id invest in a new macbook to be honest, now that its out, you will be able to pick up G4 ibooks for $300

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.