How hot are Macbooks?

C

cmer

I'm interested in knowing how hot MacBooks get. Do they run cooler than MacBook Pros?

Thanks!

OP
L

lem144

cmer said:
I'm interested in knowing how hot MacBooks get. Do they run cooler than MacBook Pros?

Thanks!

After doing some intense file transfers last night I felt the case to see if it was hot, definitely not as hot as my old 1.25 Aluminum PB gets after an intense workout.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
cmer said:

Thanks!
Man real good question considering they came out YESTERDAY!! how the heck would anyone here know how hot the macbooks get if they just came out? wait about a week for people to get them....

OP
C

cmer

Many people bought them at Apple Store already, so I think my question is reasonable (even if I agree, it was pretty quick ;) )

And no, I don't work for Apple! I'm just thinking about getting a MacBook instead of a MBP.

Reaction score
Haha. As soon as I saw the thread title I couldn't help but think that you meant how "hot" (nice) the Macbooks are. Little did I know that you were actually asking how warm they are.

Reaction score
Also...

Maybe I ask people who have used it---
how loud are the macbooks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.