Latest PB 12" - Contrast?

N

Nobody

I have the very latest 1 GHz PowerBook G4 12" with the Combo drive. Overall it is pretty cool. However, I was disappointed when I found that there is no apparent way to adjust the screen contrast. The screen looks pretty washed out at certain angles because the contrast is clearly not at its ideal settings. Is there anything I can do about this (besides tilting the screen to a different angle)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
only thing that comes to mind to me is go to the display settings --> color and try to recalibrate your monitor

OP
N

Nobody

trpnmonkey41 said:
only thing that comes to mind to me is go to the display settings --> color and try to recalibrate your monitor

Yeah, tried that. It sort of helped but not really.

Thanks!

More suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Check out this thing below

Enhancing screen contrast

If you have difficulty seeing objects on your computer screen, you can choose different screen contrasts to make the screen easier to view. Choose a screen contrast effect in the Universal Access pane of System Preferences.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Universal Access. Then click Seeing.
To remove colors from the screen, click "Set Display to Grayscale."
To make the computer screen appear as a photonegative (with white text on a black background), click "Switch to White on Black."
Drag the "Enhance contrast" slider to the right to increase the contrast.

OP
N

Nobody

Ugh... almost $20 for SuperCal. The Universal Access setting was a good suggestion but only made things worse.

One of those pages said that the 12" Apple laptops have an inferior screen. I am disappointed to learn this. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.