Managing Fonts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Hello all,

I have a few thousand fonts on my system. I would appreciate any help in managing all these fonts. What would be the best way to store them? What program do you use?

Cheers

Jim

D

doubleatomix

Jim, I use Apple's Font book. I've found that it's the best way to go if you're using OS X. I store the fonts in the documents folder of my admin home folder and allow others access from there.

F

funkdoobi

i use extensis suitcase. very easy to remove/add fonts and font sets and such..

N

Netglutton

Hey Jim...

I used Extensis for a number of years and to be honest with you, I was very unhappy with the features and stability of the program. A few months ago I switched over to Linotype. This is a free program available through DL sites such as macupdate.com. I use it professionally and I have never looked back. I love it. Even though it is not marketed for professional use, I control 1000's of fonts on my work Mac with it and it has yet to fail me once. Check it out if you get the chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I second the vote for Extensis Suitcase. Fontbook is a waste of time and energy for professionals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Do a search for Linotype FontExplorer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.