• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

macbook ripoff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
The funny thing about the whole thing is that everywhere everyone is complaining and if you look at pictures and read comments of what people actually bought you will see that more people bought the black than the white, playing right into apples hand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Apple could have at least put a 64mb discreet graphics chip like an ati x3100 or nvidia 7300 into the black one for the price difference. That would be much more likely to distinguish it from the ibook replacement and the 12" pb replacement. This petty color crap is no excuse to charge that much more. No, I will not spend the extra money on a black version when I can spend the same and get a faster white macbook for the same price. Oh and by faster I mean more HDD space and more ram.

This was a greedy move by Apple and I am dissapointed. I wish people wouldn't buy into it and force them to do something more significant.

Thats just what I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.