Macbooks vs Macbook Pros

D

dentzx

I see that there's already a thread regarding Powerbooks vs. MBPs but as the Macbook just came out today, I figured I'd start a new thread :)

I'm largely a PC user who's recently started using Macs (for digital photography at school). I like the Mac interface and aesthetic design much better than Windows, so I'm determined to buy a Mac laptop for college...

I think the new Macbook would suit me OK, but I noticed the integrated video card... I don't know much about video cards, but I'm a heavy Photoshop user who works on a lot of high-res images... would the MB's video card still be OK for that or should I pay the extra $ for the MBP?

Reaction score
I don't think the words heavy photoshop user and 64mb video card can ever go in the same paragraph.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
If you're a heavy photoshop user I would go for the MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Now that the MacBooks are quite a bit better than the iBooks, I think you could be fine running photoshop, etc. on them. I simply prefer the powerbook/macbook pro for those programs because I think they handle them a little better. Once CS3 comes out I dont think it will matter what you use because it will run so much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
PunkRockTuba said:
Now that the MacBooks are quite a bit better than the iBooks, I think you could be fine running photoshop, etc. on them. I simply prefer the powerbook/macbook pro for those programs because I think they handle them a little better. Once CS3 comes out I dont think it will matter what you use because it will run so much better.

Absolutely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.