Myspace events calendar and Safari problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
My daughter has an iBook with 10.3.9 Panther, and my Powerbook has Tiger, both with differing Safari versions, and neither seem to work with the Myspace calendar function. If you go to your calendar page to view your events for the day, nothing shows up even if you have entries. if you go into the entry/maintenance function on Myspace, it will bring up the calendar entry screen - similar to the iCal or Entourage calendar day view, and you can type your event on the hour line, but after you enter your event, it disappears as if you never entered anything. However, if you use a Windows PC with Internet explorer, the event shows up. If you enter it multiple times on the Mac - what she did when she thought she did something wrong, none of them show up but going to a Windows IE box will display all your multiple entries. If you enter the events through the Windows machine you see them right away. Has anyone else had this problem or figured out a solution for Safari? Both Macs have the latest software updates and everything else on Myspace seems to work fine, just not the calendar. We emailed them 3 days ago and have not heard back. Thought I'd see if any of you guys use Myspace's calendar function. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)
Well the first problem you have is using MySpace :p

But seriously, have you tried IE for Mac (or better yet Firefox or Camino) just to see if that helps? Safari still does not work with everything out there (gMail chat in my case). It may just be that in order to use MySpace as she wishes, she may need to use something other than Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I suggest Firefox also - I use it instead if Internet Explorer on PC because of my distrust - and you'll be fine. I very rarely have problems at all on MySpace. Well, apart from problems inherent with MySpace itself.

OP
rcltrh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the replies. I'll have her download firefox and give that a try. I deleted IE off her iBook a while back to give her more room for music and pictures since the old IE for Mac was such a POS, but if Firefox doesn't work I'll add it back and let her try it.

OP
rcltrh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!

I downloaded both Firefox and Camino and they both work fine on Myspace and the new Yahoo homepage that also wouldn't work with Safari, so she is happy now. I also put them on my Powerbook as well. I found that they both work with my school outlook web access system better than Safari. Safari requires me to keep entering my name and password every time I go from reading an email back to viewing the list or emptying trash whereas Camino and Firefox do not, so we are both better off. I hadn't really give it much though to being the browser itself, so Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
Safari hates myspace. I use Camino sometimes and Firefox which work great on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.