New macbook pro and mini graphics

Reaction score
Cool, the macbook pro is out, but I noticed it used intergrated graphics just like the mini. What kind of performance does this bring compared to something like a radeon 9800 on a g4 tower?
On the old G4 mini website apple talked about graphics:
"Go ahead, just try to play Halo on a budget PC. Most say they’re good for 2D games only. That’s because an “integrated Intel graphics” chip steals power from the CPU and siphons off memory from system-level RAM. You’d have to buy an extra card to get the graphics performance of Mac mini, and some cheaper PCs don’t even have an open slot to let you add one."
Hmmm...thats odd. I could have sword thats exactly what they are doing now!
Should I buy a budget mac? Everything looks really good exept the graphics power.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ya, this is one of those things the PC folks are all over. I don;'t know what the Mini's are like, but Intel's integrated graphics are sort of joke on the PC side from what I can tell. The again, they are all worried about playing the latest games too....

OP
B
Reaction score
I thinks its crazy apple would release such new and capable hardware with a graphics card that can't keep up.
I saw a review of the PC version of the same internal graphics system and it got its socks beat off by a bottom of the line graphics card.

I hope apple releases a smaller, cheaper Macbook Pro with dedicated graphics or a better version of the macbook. Hopefully the graphics card jump will be less than $200.

OP
B
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how much faster the macbook would be than my emac 1ghz with 1gb RAM and ATI 7500 graphics?
I think think the graphics of the new one has better technology, but will the fact that it is intergrated slow it down? Plus I can't overclock it like I did to my emac (35%).
I really want the cheapest macbook pro because I do lots of video editing but I can't really afford it.
At least someone will give me $650 for the emac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.