The deed is done! New (refurbed) iMac on the way

M

mojo17

Well, I pulled the trigger on the iMac this morning. Got a 20" intelly for $1399 from the apple refurb store. Saved bout $300. Of course I will upgrade the memory myself. Woot!!

Reaction score
Did the same thing about a week ago...

Very wise decision !

I think these "refurbs" are just an approach to a
different market and to sell down inventory as an
upgrade for the iMac comes near.

Looks and operates new in every way. I used some of
the savings to buy the extra Apple Care contract and
an extra ram card.

The iMac 20 is awesome !

mojo17 said:
Well, I pulled the trigger on the iMac this morning. Got a 20" intelly for $1399 from the apple refurb store. Saved bout $300. Of course I will upgrade the memory myself. Woot!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Never be swayed by 'refurbs' when it comes to Apple - they're as good as new

OP
M

mojo17

In fact, after speaking to the apple rep, the refurbs often get more scrutinized than a new unit off the line. They get a new enclosure, as well as any new parts require, full warranty. Brand new, just can't be sold as new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
mojo17 said:
In fact, after speaking to the apple rep, the refurbs often get more scrutinized than a new unit off the line. They get a new enclosure, as well as any new parts require, full warranty. Brand new, just can't be sold as new.

Wow, I didn't know they went through all of this! I just ordered a refurb 12" iBook and am particularly excited to hear it will have a new enclosure...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.