Battery renewal query

Reaction score
Hi

I have a mid 2010 Macbook pro A1278 the battery part is A1322, the Macbook has to have the power lead constantly connected whilst in use
and has a green light, the battery charge percentage has steadily down over time and is now 9% so i think will need replacing, I have tried the smc reset which didn't work and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting but no change, what i was asking before I purchase a replacement battery am correct it is a failed battery or could it be something else?

TIA

Chris

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Grab Coconut Battery (a free app) and run it to see how your battery is doing. You will see a health value, along with design and current capacity. If the health and current capacity is dramatically low (which they might be with a 7 year old battery), then replacing it (assuming this is the only issue with the MBP) might be a good thing.

You can follow these instructions on replacing the battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You can follow these instructions on replacing the battery.

Isn't it nice to see a MBPro that one can change the battery in easily, and no, you don't need to spend the big bucks for a replacement battery that Apple overcharges for.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.