• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

With $15,000

Reaction score
Get this, a friend of mine is getting $15,000 to spend as he pleases for his graduation. But there's one catch, (best catch actually), he can only spend that money buying from apple.com (grandparents of course).

Good GOD.

If I had that to spend, i would probably get the largest HD Cinematic Display and a bunch of macbook pros, all maxed out for every day of the week...

Good LORD.

What would you get if this was you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Thats actually kinda foolish to put all your money into apple.com... why not spend a little on apple get an awesome computer then get things ya need?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
start a macintosh collection.... for $15,000, you should be able to to buy 100+ vintage macs on ebay!

Its like an investment.. 25 years from now you could sell them back, and make a lot of money!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
I would get a MBP now and spend the rest on a intel power mac with dual 30'' displays when they come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Graphite said:
Thats actually kinda foolish to put all your money into apple.com... why not spend a little on apple get an awesome computer then get things ya need?
I agree, seems kinda dumb to put a limit to only Apple.com.
If they are willing to drop 15 large, then I would say use some to get a butt-kickin, super tricked out Mac. Then you would still have like 10 grand left.

Reaction score
I dont know, $15,000 just isn't enough to make me happy. I would push the grandparents for another seven grand or so.

FreeSnap001.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol 15000 isnt enough to make you happy? even if you toned it down a little?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
they say money doesn't buy happiness...but if a 22,000 mac isnt happiness i dont know what is.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Before he posted that, I was going to point out that you can easily spend $15k and still want more. Why not spend $5k or so and put the rest into something else or even save some of it! Could come in handy someday. You can later upgrade the RAM and other items and for a lower cost also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i;d but a lot of stuff and then sell it to get the cash and buy a car or something else
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
really try and answer the question tho...If you HAD to spend 15,000 in the apple store, what would you buy? top of the line desktop and laptop, every type of ipod, any software you could want, enough cables and wires to fully integrate anything in your house...although im probably too young to think of what one should really do with that much money to spend freely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I would convince my grandparents who are giving me the money, to let me buy apple stock with about 6,000 of it, and then buy a nice laptop, and desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Yeah, is this some kind of a joke? What kind of idiot says, "heres $15,000, but you can only spend it at Apple." A smart person would say, "here use this to pay student loans, or a down payment for a house, or get a new car, or invest it." Have his grandparents gone senile?

And if he has to spend it at Apple, then he can't very well spend it as he pleases. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
You have got to be joking............

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well they sound wealthy and don't sound like money is much of an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Alright, I'd go for a pimped out 15" Macbook Pro, iMac 20" and 60GB iPod now and save the rest for upgrades for the next few years....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Well I can round that up to 8000 pounds, so therefore I would buy a 17" MBP with max ram, Logic Express, Final Cut Express, 60gb iPod, and then the rest would be spent on things such as mixing desks/audio interfaces and plug-ins for logic.

I can see it now all the college students would be jealous! Wow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Because Apple doesn't make cars yet...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Does have to spend it all in one shot. If not, buy the system he wants. Put the rest in the bank. Then you will have fund for future purchases. He can get a nice PowerMac for about $6000. Then again he may want to wait for the iBook and PowerMac replacements, before he makes his purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.