How do I change the name of my hard drive?

OP
B

Burton

ive seen people attach a picture to the HD how would i do that. sry bout the noob questions only 15.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Right click on the drive icon (CTRL-Click if you have a one button mouse) and select Get Info. When that opens you will see the icon at the top left of that window. Open the picture you want to paste there by clicking on it. Copy the actuall picture using either the edit menu (Copy) or (APPLE+C), then point and highlight that icon in the Get Info window and either (Paste) from the Edit menu or (Apple+V). That is the way I have always changed the icons on my drive icons in Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
speaking of which, is there anybody that would mine taking an icon i want to use and making the background invisible in photoshop or something? it would be greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.