YASSP: "Yet Another ShapeShifter Post"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
I tried ShapeShifter a few days ago. My trial, on my mini, lasted about 2 days. Of the themes available, I found BBX Mercury to be my overall favorite, and it worked very well. I removed it because I was concerned about overall system stability. I experienced no problems myself, but I felt like I might have installed a timebomb of sorts. I just searched and read through everything here, as well as comments on VersionTracker. Quite a bit of what I read, both postive and negative, wasn't all that recent. So, if I may ask just once more now, for a current consensus: How do you feel ShapeShifter works over the long haul? Any problem apps? OS stability issues? I have no problem spending the $20, but I don't want to see a stable OS become flaky. I'm running a PPC 1.5GHZ mini w/1 GB RAM. OS X 10.4.6. Thanks!

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
been using it for close to a year now, now problems at all!
-chris

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
coach_z said:
been using it for close to a year now, now problems at all!
-chris

Thanks! I re-installed it, spent a bit longer grabbing themes, etc, and decided to give it a go and registered it. I've got good solid backups/images, and it was well behaved over my few day trial, so what the heck. :)

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.