That's odd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
I just noticed that the items in the Favorites section of the Finder sidebar have changed. A new item showed up (Deleted Users) and one of my previous entries (my user Library) disappeared. And, just to make things a bit more confusing, the displayed order changed. Of course it was no problem to reset the entries as I wanted, but what would cause a change in the entries in the Finder sidebar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Did you update the OS? (really shouldn't change settings)

Did you create a new User Account for troubleshooting, log in under that Account, and forget to switch back to your regular one?

Did you leave your keyboard out where your cat could jump up on it?

Did another human use the computer who normally does not?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 MacBook Pro, 15", i9, 32GB RAM, Monterey
Did you update the OS? (really shouldn't change settings)

Did you create a new User Account for troubleshooting, log in under that Account, and forget to switch back to your regular one?

Did you leave your keyboard out where your cat could jump up on it?

Did another human use the computer who normally does not?

> Did you update the OS? - Just regular updates. I don't think any of them were OS updates as this just happened. My last OS update was probably a week or two ago, but that should not change the stuff in my sidebar anyway. Unless Apple has decided to have some fun with its customers.

> New User Account - No.

> Another human - No

< Cat - Well, yes, but I really think my cat is far too disdainful for the computer to get involved in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Think again! :)
Such a thing has happened to other Cat/Mac owners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I have noticed, that sometimes after an SMC/NVRAM reset, quirks appear? Have you performed either of those recently?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.