iMovie Crashes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 | 1.67 GHz | 80 GB | 1 GB RAM
This is not a huge deal as I don't have too much use for iMovie right now. But I got the new iLife 06 and all the apps work great...except for iMovie. Whenever I try to click on ANYTHING it crashes. I have done some research and found that the problems may be 3rd party plugins for QuickTime. I deleted all those and it didn't work. I then deleted QuickTime and reinstalled it. It still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you updated your iLife package? All of the components have been updated today. iDVD is at 6.0.2, iMovie HD is at 6.0.2, iPhoto is at 6.0.3 and iWeb is at 1.1. Try installing the updates and repairing permissions.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
rman said:
Have you updated your iLife package? All of the components have been updated today. iDVD is at 6.0.2, iMovie HD is at 6.0.2, iPhoto is at 6.0.3 and iWeb is at 1.1. Try installing the updates and repairing permissions.

Thanks RMan for the Heads up about the update. It might solve the small problem I have noticed with iPhoto since upgrading to iLife 06. Thanks again.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 | 1.67 GHz | 80 GB | 1 GB RAM
I installed the updates and it still won't work. Any other advice would be great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.