Help! Airport says connected, but no web page loaded?

L

Lobo_sit

Hi all. I am new to the wireless world, so please bare with me if this question seems basic. :) I got a wireless router from my DSL provider, and after I selected it on my Airport menu and entered the password, the status stays connected. However, the web browser can't load any page at all as it doesn't have internet connection. Any idea what I should do? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sounds like the Wireless Network is up and running but the Router/Modem is not hooked up to the internet. Have you checked the DSL Router/Modem to see if it is working properly?

OP
L

Lobo_sit

baggss said:
Sounds like the Wireless Network is up and running but the Router/Modem is not hooked up to the internet. Have you checked the DSL Router/Modem to see if it is working properly?

Thanks for your response. I assume my DSL router and modem are in the same box. If I connect the computer to the rounter's ethernet port with cable, it would work fine. Just can't do it wirelessly. Something I have to do to set up between router/modem?

Reaction score
Most of the time you have to go in to the router settings and turn the wireless feature on. I would go in to the router settings and configure the wireless settings---they are probably turned off by default.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Lobo_sit said:
Hi all. I am new to the wireless world, so please bare with me if this question seems basic. :) I got a wireless router from my DSL provider, and after I selected it on my Airport menu and entered the password, the status stays connected. However, the web browser can't load any page at all as it doesn't have internet connection. Any idea what I should do? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Are you sure you have the password entered correctly? Right type of Encryption and say 128Bit Hex? Ascii? If that is wrong, I have seen it connect anyway with no access.

OP
L

Lobo_sit

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am not computer savvy, sorry I don't quite understand the terms you used here. Can you explain to me how to make sure I enter the correct password? I simply entered exactly the same as the code that's printed on the router's manual. And how do I make sure my router is acting as a DHCP server? Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.