Decided To Wait

C

caveatipss

Well, I have decided to wait and buy whatever the next iMac 20" is. It should only be a couple of months, right? Any idea what it will be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
the next iMac? Well it did pretty much just change so I'm gonna make a pretty sure assumption that there wont be a new iMac for alot longer than a few months,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
I couldn't wait, I wanted mine for the summer. It should be here in a few days. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
based on your previous posts and what not i say that is a good idea

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't see the iMac changing anytime soon. Since Apple has not updated the iBook or the PowerMac as of yet. I believe those will get an update before we see the next iMac upgrade. But as alway, only time will time and Apple may have other ideas.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I do not see any new iMacs till next year sometime. Right now apple is working fitting all current Macs with Intel CPU's. That will be done by the end of the year.

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
Well, I have decided to wait and buy whatever the next iMac 20" is. It should only be a couple of months, right? Any idea what it will be?
Whenever the next iMac is released, I suggest you hold off again and not buy that one either. You can bet that there will be a faster, better and likely less expensive iMac in the works once the next one is released too. You're never going to win at this game.

Either way, good luck with the wait. ;-)

OP
M

MJGUK

As many others have said, I very much doubt Apple will be changing the iMac anytime soon. For starters Apple still have to transfer the iBook and PowerMac to Intel, no doubt they will be updating the iPod lines soon too.

So Apple is busy right now and I really don't see them having the chance to update the iMac line until late 2006/early 2007.

Furthermore, from another angle....If you buy the iMac now it won't be outdated for a long time!
Good Luck with whatever you decide :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.