Questions about Smoothscroll App

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) 3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 64 GB RAM
I have a late 2013 27 inch iMac. My trusty Mighty Mouse bit the dust so I bought a Mighty Mouse 2. That mouse just did not work for me mainly because it hurt my wrist. Plus my hand shakes some and all kinds of things were going on! I returned it today and bought a Logitech M500 which is comfortable and moves the pointer well. The downfall is the scrolling. It was terrible. Too slow or too fast. My brother said to check out Smoothscroll. I did and what an improvement. I searched here and with Google but didn't find out anything about the app. I would like to speed up the scroll just a little but checking into the settings was kind of meaningless to me.

Is anyone familiar with the app and would share some insight?

Thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Is anyone familiar with the app and would share some insight?[/QUOTE

Nope, but I am with LOGITECH CONTROL CENTER FOR MACINTOSH which you should download and try, also know as LLC or llc.:
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/logitech-control-center-for-macintosh-os-x

In its System Preferences pref pane click General and you'll find a "Tracking" slider to adjust. It has finite adjustments, not just the quarter marks.

If that doesn't give you enough control there are two well rated, but commercial offerings that you really might benefit from:

SteerMouse

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/
or
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/19058/steermouse

And:
USB Overdrive
http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/Information.html
or
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/7115/usb-overdrive

and some others I don't know much about.

PS: For that Logitech mouse, I'd strongly advise using a good, smooth mousepad without a lot of patterns.

One of the best mouse-pads I use with my Logitech M705 is a glossy smooth one made by 3-M. I also sprayed it with a silicone lube spray so my mouse glides better and no jerks!!!
(Please: No comments on that last part. Please.

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Apple Macbook Air
Yes! you can use the SmoothScroll App for a cool and better page scrolling. I can suggest the App Connect Smooth Scroll for it is the first 2018 extension released that can improve the user experience in every project. The main features of this app includes smooth scrolling to any page element, can fix headers, lightweight and fast, and whatever device you are using it is fully available.

OP
N

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) 3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 64 GB RAM
Thank all of you! I did install the Logitech Control Center but that doesn't address scrolling. I don't use aa mouse pad since there is no ball on the bottom of the mouse. I have a wood desk and the mouse works fine on it. I will try the suggested apps.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you are using one of the optical mice that uses light instead of the old school ball try a mouse pad -- especially on a wood desk. Some mich track much better using a mousepad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you are using one of the optical mice that uses light instead of the old school ball try a mouse pad -- especially on a wood desk. Some mich track much better using a mousepad.

+1!!! Especially any hi-resolution mouse like most Logitech mice, even though they say they work on any surface.

Maybe so, but they work a **** of a lot better when used on a good mousepad as I mentioned above. And especially for the OP with their condition they mentioned, they need all the help they can get.

PS: I ended up buying several different mousepads years ago just to be able to try them out and for which one suited me the beast. Sometimes I'll try switching them just to check. Well worth the money and to get smooth mouse operation.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A bit late to this thread, but I agree with Sly and Patrick. I use an optical mouse and it works best on a dark mouse pad. As for any Apple Magic Mouse, I call them "Miserable Mouse" because quite frankly they are miserable to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As for any Apple Magic Mouse, I call them "Miserable Mouse" because quite frankly they are miserable to use.

My goodness Charlie, I am impressed by your restraint of strong profanity use in your description of those %^$#* Apple mice!!

But I guess some can actually use them and have them work properly, but like you, I'm not one of them for sure. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
In defense of the Apple mouse, I have a wireless one and would not trade it for anything. I've tried Logitech, hated them, tried other brands, keep coming back to my good old dependable Magic Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In defense of the Apple mouse, I have a wireless one and would not trade it for anything.

Glad it works for you Jake, and as I said, I thought some might be able to use and enjoy using them.

It seems odd you hated all the Logitech mice you tried.

But I sure hope you're not going to tell us that you enjoyed using the old Apple wired "hockey puck mouse" if you ever had the misfortune to have to use one. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Never had the hockey puck.

Logitech never had one that felt good in my hand. Wrong size, buttons just a little out of place, too high, too low, just not right. The Magic Mouse felt exactly right from the first time I used one. I have it all tuned up for my favorite scroll speed and click speed. Feels and works about as well as any device i've ever used. But it's all personal preferences, I know. So you can Charlie can send me all those unused Magic Mice you have lying around! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But it's all personal preferences, I know. So you can Charlie can send me all those unused Magic Mice you have lying around!

Yup, it's all personal preferences all right. But sorry, we've never ended up left with an Apple Magic Mouse and the only Apple mouse I do have in a drawer for a real justincase emergency is an Apple wired white Pro Mouse. And I'm sure not even you would want to try using it!!!

Come to think of it, I don't know where my Apple Mighty Mouse went, maybe in a box somewhere???

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.