iPad suddenly won’t use the camera facing the user for photo booth or camera app.

Reaction score
It works for FaceTime and my third party mirror app. It works for video in camera app. butt not stills

I have quit the offending apps, I have restarted the device. I deleted photo booth and redownlaoded it.

So clearly the problem is software related. It worked an hour ago!

It is an iPad Pro Mm272LL/A. Running Beta os 12; the camera had worked with the beta for several days.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi farina

I'm tempted to state the obvious. Maybe it's related to the Beta?

Do you have a backup - iTunes, iMazing, iExplorer from which you could restore your iPad to iOS 11.4?

Ian

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It could be something with the beta IOS. When was the last update installed?

OP
F
Reaction score
It had worked on the Beta for a few days.

I don't want to downgrade--could not do it easily-- would have to reset the device to how it came and apply updates and then restore data from backup. But since it had worked on the Beta, I don't think that is the cause.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@farina

Of course, you could well be right. Have you got the latest release of the Beta as suggested by Dennis?

Ian

OP
F
Reaction score
Yes. I'm sure another will come along soon, but suspect it won't solve the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.