email

D

delboywww

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right section to ask but since I have changed to my Imac G5, my online pals have complained to me that my emails are not reader friendly ! i.e. they say that there are only two or three words per line and each line has a arrow/chevron preceeding the line and in general difficult to read unlike before when I used a pc.
I have currently got the Yahoo home page. Should I download Internet Explorer or could it be that I do not have a Microsoft Office compatible package installed on my Mac ?.
I do not seem to be able to even change the font style on my emails ?

I think I need help !!
Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Are you using Apple's built-in mail client? Or are you using web-based email?

Microsoft Office isn't really relevant here, as email isn't something microsoft specific.
Internet Explorer shouldn't make a difference either.

You mention Yahoo - do you mean you are using yahoo's mail service?

If so, I'd try setting up Apple's mail software to work with your yahoo account...

OP
D

delboywww

Thanks for reply Aptmunich,
Yes I am just using a web based email.
I am with BT internet and using the Yahoo home page.

I would ideally like to keep my BT web address. Can I still do this using the Apple mail software ?

Thanks
Del

Reaction score
If you are sending e-mails via your BT Internet's web-based e-mail service---then I can see where your problems might be coming from. I have had to use my web-based e-mail service at times and noticed that the format of the e-mails was not "right looking" when I got a chance to view them. I would suggest setting up your BT address in Apple's Mail program. As long as your BT support POP3...you should be fine setting that up. Let us know if you need any more assistance.

Best of luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.