• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Need your thoughts and expertise on New Mac

Reaction score
Hello my name is Vince and i'm seeking your expertise and thoughts to which new Mac to purchase. I am using it primarily for Video, editing, production, as well as my mobile office. Macbook, air, and or Pro, complete with internal set up or additional accessories needed. Thanks for your response.

Vince

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your only option for any serious video editing is the Macbook Pro. You haven't told us your budget, so it's really hard to get specific with details.

But look at the 15" MBP, get the Quad-core CPU and go for the MOST machine that will fit your budget. The newer MBP's have soldered SSD storage, so you'll want to get enough of that and supplement that with an external HD. You will absolutely want 16GB of RAM. CPU is important, and if there's budget you can upgrade.

I would, however, you take a look at the Mac Buyers Guide which tells you when is a good time to make a purchase. If you absolutely need the machine right away, then go ahead and purchase. There are some rumors coming out that the MBP's RAM will get bumped up to 32GB and a newer generation of CPUs will come, so you might want to wait for that.

OP
V
Reaction score
Ashwin

I have no budget. I will purchase whatever is the most beneficial to run apps efficiently and quickly as well as enable my daly use as office. So I guess im saying "your perfect Mac" lol

OP
V
Reaction score
ashwin

this is what I have come up with. This was with some assistance from Apple. What do you think?

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 10.45.13 AM.png

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That machine will absolutely do what you want it to do. And if your need is immediate, then you can go ahead and pull the trigger. If you can wait till about September (when Apple traditionally announces refreshes), then you might get a little better machine for the same price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.