For people who have the 17" Intel iMac

B

Burton

Is the screen size big enough for you?? do you think 20" would be too big? please any info would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
Burton

OP
D

doox00

never to big, I have a 24" on my pc and now I want to upgrade to the 30" :)

Burton said:
Is the screen size big enough for you?? do you think 20" would be too big? please any info would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
Burton

Reaction score
I use 2 17 inchers, one at home and one at work, they are both more than suitable and most people ask me if they are 20 inch anyway. To be honest with these type of things the real matter of importance is the native screen res and 1440 x 900 is just great! If you have the money for the 20 inch i would go 17 and spec up 2gb of system ram!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum, 20", 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB of Ram
I'm no gamer or photoshopper, but just an average computer user and I think the 17" is perfect. It's not too large so it seems to put less strain on your eyes. There is enough room for a web page and a couple instant messages on the side. I am happy with it for my daily browsing and what not.

But if you plan to use the computer for more than just at a consumer level than I would say go with the 20".

Reaction score
I agree...I use my imac 17" g5 and I think its great. perfect for me. I wanted to get the 20" but didn't have the money. Now when I see a 20" I don't see that much of a size difference. 17" is the way to go unless you really need the bigger screen.

TS1AWD said:
I'm no gamer or photoshopper, but just an average computer user and I think the 17" is perfect. It's not too large so it seems to put less strain on your eyes. There is enough room for a web page and a couple instant messages on the side. I am happy with it for my daily browsing and what not.

But if you plan to use the computer for more than just at a consumer level than I would say go with the 20".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I got the 20, and I sometimes wish I got the 17. But then I like the 20. And then Im just confused.

Reaction score
My issue with the 20 is that not only is the screen bigger but the whole unit is. I'd get the 17 for general use and then when I wanted the extra space I'd just add another display.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
I have the 20". I personally love it. I looked at the 17" but I decided to spend the extra as I know that the way my mind works. I would be happy with the 17" for about a week before I began to start wishing that I had brought the 20". By buying the 20" I have removed any doubt that was likely to keep into my mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Haha you think that is something? I use a 42" plasma screen for my PC moniter, It makes things well... big.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.