High Sierra issues - Non responsive finder windows etc.

Reaction score
Hi,

A frustrating, but not debilitating, issue I'm having since downloading High Sierra some time ago is that every time I return to my mac I have to put my mac to sleep, wake it then enter my password again in order to make it responsive.

A second issue I encounter is occasionally a finder window will randomly become unresponsive, as in I can't select anything. This seems to pass once I restart finder.

Any info greatly appreciated,

D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Keep Activity Monitor running and see if any application is stated as "Not responding" or if the CPU spikes up to 100%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Also, please provide specs about your Mac model?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hi,

A frustrating, but not debilitating, issue I'm having since downloading High Sierra some time ago is that every time I return to my mac I have to put my mac to sleep, wake it then enter my password again in order to make it responsive.

D
Go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General tab and check the settings for the password requirements after a screen lock. Experimet with those settings a bit and find one that works better for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.