Iphone 6. Cracked screen or more?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 7,1 2.4 GHz, 2 GB ram
Hi there.
I have a problem.
The iphone 6 of a relative fell on the floor and the screen now is cracked.
The problem is that I wanna find out if something else is also broken after the accident.
When opening apps weird things happen. Opening Messages it comes out a white screen. Same thing opening the calendar. Opening whatsapp, the name of the people of all the conversations is gone and it appears their numbers.
What could have happened?
Thanks

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hard to say what happened. You're probably going to need to get the screen replaced first and then do some trouble shooting. Apple will replace the screen for a fee and do further repairs if you wish. Of course you need to determine if perhaps the expense of the repairs are more than what the phone is worth.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 7,1 2.4 GHz, 2 GB ram
Hard to say what happened. You're probably going to need to get the screen replaced first and then do some trouble shooting. Apple will replace the screen for a fee and do further repairs if you wish. Of course you need to determine if perhaps the expense of the repairs are more than what the phone is worth.

I will certainly not ask help to apple. I will do it myself or go to a general iphone repair store. I just wanna be aware of what could have happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You should replace the entire from panel assembly.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone_6

That seems like really good advice there, especially when one sees the comments and compares it to some of the super cheap replacement panels at amazon etc. that may not be "complete".

If you do not transfer your phone's original home button to the new display, you will lose Touch ID functionality.
If your replacement part does not have a speaker or front-facing camera sensor cable you should follow the complete transfer guide.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+6+Front+Panel+Assembly+Replacement/29339

@britpoprule
I just wanna be aware of what could have happened.
I gather you mean you just wanna be aware of what else could have happened. And that will be hard to tell at this point.

I'd be inclined to check with a local iPhone repair place who would have a fair bit if experience.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Sometimes the cost of the repair is equal to the cost of the brand new phone, so you have to ask yourself (or rather your relative has to) if it is worth it. For example, my father had a similar problem a couple of years ago and had to buy a new phone, because the cost of repairs was so high. And what did you do in the end?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sometimes the cost of the repair is equal to the cost of the brand new phone,

I have no idea where you live to possibly come up with that "fact" if it is, and may be true in that situation, but that sure isn't the case in this pat of Canada at least and I would think many other parts of the world as well.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Hi there.
I have a problem.
The iphone 6 of a relative fell on the floor and the screen now is cracked.
The problem is that I wanna find out if something else is also broken after the accident.
When opening apps weird things happen. Opening Messages it comes out a white screen. Same thing opening the calendar. Opening whatsapp, the name of the people of all the conversations is gone and it appears their numbers.
What could have happened?
Thanks

I think you need help to repair a your iphone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.