High Sierra and Handbrake alternative

Reaction score
Since installing High Sierra, I suffer kernel panics often. I've been able to weed out the programs that are gumming up the works. I do a lot of video conversion but now that Handbrake doesn't work is there a free alternative that is compatible with High Sierra. I don't mind paying either so if you have a paid app reccomend that is amazing, I'll take that into consideration as well. Thanks tribe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What are the specs of your Mac?

For mine High Sierra was designed to run on SSDs TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF APPLE FILE SYSTEM.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm using Handbrake under High Sierra (10.13.5) and it is workinhg well. I'm running version 1.1.0 of Handbrake. Make sure you are running the current version.

I have had occassional crashes but not very many at all and no more than I did under other versions of OS X. in my case the crashes seem to be related to the file I am working on. I have literally had a few files that crash Handbrake but work with other converters and some files which do not work in other converters that work with Handbrake.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.