4th Monitor - How To

Reaction score
Right now I currently have a late 2015 27-inch Imac.

I have both mini display ports used for external monitors but want to add a 4th monitor. I have been looking at usb 3.0 to hmdi converters but seems all them are not compatible with 10.13 os.

Hoping someone has had some success with setting up a 4th monitor to their imac and might have a seggestion of what to be getting as I have just spent hours googling to no avail.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
have a look at this. StarTech.com USB 3.0 to DisplayPort 2560 x 1600 External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter.

OP
B
Reaction score
have a look at this. StarTech.com USB 3.0 to DisplayPort 2560 x 1600 External Video Card Multi Monitor Adapter.

Had a look, says it works but all the reviews say on OSX that is is very buggy and laggy. Its too bad but htere are lots of adapters out there but it seems that once you upgrade your OS to anything above 10.8 these are very un predictible.

Perhaps I am looking at this the wrong way. Has anyone had experience in working with a mini display port splitter at all? Perhaps that is the way to go here?

Thoughts

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Matrox has several devices that let you connect multiple monitors to laptops or desktops. Try their configuration tool to see which one might meet your needs. the last time I looked OWC Macsales had several options but when I looked earlier I only saw one of them. Might be worth giving them a call.

You're right about software updatess sometimes being a problem. I've had that problem before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.