Cant find Apple dvd player

T

tphiptop

Ive been looking around for so long for the dvd player, but cant find it to save my life. I went to the apple site to download the update, but it says im already updated, yet i still cant find it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Mac do you own? What version of OSX? It's always in the Applications folder. It's called DVD Player.

OP
T

tphiptop

powerbook/1.25ghz/10.4.6

yeah, i looked, i even looked in the spotlight, no go.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
tphiptop said:
powerbook/1.25ghz/10.4.6

yeah, i looked, i even looked in the spotlight, no go.

does your Powerbook have a DVD Drive? If so there should be a DVD Player in Applications.

You can download a program called Pacifist that will allow you to find the DVD Player APP from your Tiger DVD and install it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
did it just dissapear or did you never have it at all?
-chris

OP
T

tphiptop

I just got this laptop used from a friend. Its kind of ironic because it has thousands of dollars worth of programs, but its missing apple dvd player.

Anyways, its not here...so I dont know...so far this VLC player is doing the trick.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tphiptop said:
I just got this laptop used from a friend. Its kind of ironic because it has thousands of dollars worth of programs, but its missing apple dvd player.

Anyways, its not here...so I dont know...so far this VLC player is doing the trick.

Did the friend give you the install DVD for Tiger?

If so, I can help you get your DVD player installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.