Photo hosting sites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have done a search on what seems to be a change to yet again a good way to show your photos on here and other forums? I started by using photobucket until they started demanding stupid money. Then I changed to flickr.

Now it seems that some bunch who call themselves smugmug have turned up and appear to have taken over flickr? I haven't had time to see what they are offering, but it seems yet again that it's going to cost me?

Has anyone any idea as to where I can use to post my very infrequent postings of my photos? If I were a pro, no problems about paying, but I am not! It's been weeks since I last wanted to post any photos.

There's an old Yorkshire saying that says " If thee wants owt fer nowt then do it fer the sen". I just wish that I could.

Something else? Just how secure are/will this lot be? If they are as secure as farsebook then I wouldn't touch them with a very long pole!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey John...I still use Photobucket & I think they are still free (last I checked)...but maybe now they put a cap on how much space the free accounts get.

But hey...no problamo...easy enough to upload with the forum software. Just click on this button (see photo)...and you should be good to go::)

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 6.19.14 PM.png

- Nick

p.s. Exactly how I included the image above.:)
p.p.s. Of course if you wanted to post the same photo on multiple sites...this solution doesn't accomplish that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Photobucket wants ab out $$00 per year for 3rd party hosting. The truck site I'm a mod on has been hit particularly hard since the majority of the Hows To threads have lost their pics. There are some work arounds if you use Firefox and a couple other browsers...can't think of their name offhand.

Reaction score
Hi John--

I see you have a website-- why don't you just post them there and share the link?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
The web site has just been for my hobby of wood turning Fred and I have to admit to not being very good a monitoring it. I had not thought of chucking a load of non turning photos onto it, partly for the fear of crowding it out I suppose?

It used to be so easy to post photos on forums, but not it's a real pain.

Reaction score
Yeah, just a thought. What I often do is create “private” pages on my site when I want to show clients specific images. The pages don’t have direct links from any of my web pages. I just create an “invisible” page, give it a name, and send the link to the client. You could do the same to store images soley for the purpose of sharing to forums, etc...

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll have a look at that Fred, ta! I am not sure if I will be able to do that as my site is a freebee by Wix?, but???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.