Emails gone missing on MacMail

Reaction score
I have four email addresses which I run on my MacBook Pro. I also access them on my iPad and my iPhone. The entire contents of one of the email addresses has gone missing. Can anyone tell me where they are and how can I retrieve them?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Simol

Well, that depends: are your email accounts POP3 or IMAP; and are they synced between your Mac and iDevices either via iCloud or other means?

Your response to these questions will help determine the best way to retrieve your data. I suspect that the "lost" email data is different (POP3/IMAP) from the others.

Please post back.

Ian

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Ian, The email accounts are IMAP and they are synced with my other devices via iCloud.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can anyone tell me where they are and how can I retrieve them?

How about from your backups?

The email accounts are IMAP and they are synced with my other devices via iCloud.

Which means if they were accidentally deleted on one of your devices, they have been deleted from all of them and also from the server.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hi Ian, The email accounts are IMAP and they are synced with my other devices via iCloud.

Try doing a Shutdown with your MBPro, wait 40±seconds, then Bootup and see if things improve.

And maybe try repairing the goofy Mail account mailbox.

Unfortunately the problem seems to be much too common for some users:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=5D_VWr2VKeXe8Aer2Y74CA

You might find some solutions among the hits if the above doesn't work. And even that may be doubtful. :Grimmace:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.