purchase Apple Store and/or iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
am a newbie at this.lol lol lol

I discovered an app I would like but only available at Apple Store. I tried to connect with developed but no option to buy thru them.

I do not have my CC linked to anything online.

so how does one go about ordering and paying apps from Apple Store?
and is this the same for iTunes?

can I delete my CC right after I purchase?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Buying an app from the on line Mac App Store or from the iTunes Store naturally requires a form of payment. (Credit Card, etc) After purchasing the app, you can log back on to the App Store and remove your credit card by entering "none".

Now having said that, I have had my credit card on file with Apple for years and also other credit cards filed with various agencies - Cable Bill, Mobile Phone Bill, and so on. While there have been instances where my personal and business credit cards have been used fraudulently, I have always had the charges reversed by my credit card holders. I'm not suggesting you violate your personal choice, I'm only relating to you my experiences with on line usage of credit cards. ;D

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks chscag for your input....
I do have my CC on amazon and a few other places..... so far been lucky with no fraudulent activity!!!

...its just that I often go browsing in apple store (haven't done so in iTunes yet) and don't want myself or another guest who may use my MPB, to accidentally purchase an item. that is why I would like to be able to delete the CC number and only enter when I decide to purchase anything. cuz I am sure there I snow option to return and get credit.lol lol lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
don't want myself or another guest who may use my MPB, to accidentally purchase an item.

No way to do that as your user ID and login password must be entered to even gain access to either Store.

Or did you give that info to someone in a weak or drunken moment?? ;D

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Lori:

As Patrick pointed out, unless someone has your Apple ID plus password they can not purchase anything in your name using any credit card you may have on file with Apple. However, you must specify in the purchasing options that before any purchase (even free) can be made it has to be verified with your Apple ID. Unless you do that, then it is possible someone can make a purchase on your Mac while at the App Store or iTunes Store.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
However, you must specify in the purchasing options that before any purchase (even free) can be made it has to be verified with your Apple ID

Yes, this is a vital requirement in your situation.

I have this turned off for free purchases and, I think, for most purchases below a certain amount - why? - well I have an iMac (stays at home, obviously), am the only user and it's a hassle to input your Apple ID credentials every time you want to get something.

One other thing I've not personally explored is that you can use Apple Gift Cards - seem to be purchasable all over the place - and use them to buy things; BUT I think you may still need to register a Credit Card first to create an account and have these Gifts credited to your account.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have this turned off for free purchases

Hmmm… I wonder where that option is as I sure haven't seen it???

I'll have to take another look as it seems Apple's Apple Store security sometimes takes more typing and fill-in etc. than my online banking account.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
so how does one go about ordering and paying apps from Apple Store?
and is this the same for iTunes?
You could always buy an iTunes gift card and use that.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yes I forgot bout having to enter password for Apple store downloads. I will look this more closely. Thnx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.