Trouble Using Disk Utility on Tiger Installation DVD. Video of problem inside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
I have used the Disk Utility in OS X 10.4.5 to restore an image that I created with Carbon Copy Cloner. However, when I try to use the Disk Utility on the Restore CD, I run into an obstacle. I cannot click and the drag the target volume to the appropriate windows. Whenever I click and hold the mouse button down, it selects all of the volumes underneath of the volume that I am trying to drag.

In order to demonstrate the problem, I have put a small video clip on my Web site:
http://bibo.us/mac/diskutility.mov

System:
- Intel Mac Mini, Core Duo
- OS X 10.4.5 on System Restore discs
- Logitech cordless optical mouse (USB)
- Logitech cordless keyboard (USB)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This may have nothing to do with your problem. I have this problem sometimes when moving large groups of files from one Window to another. Try moving the cursor farther tot he right before going down, right now you are clicking and moving diagonally down. Sounds silly I know, but it a quirk in OSX that I have found in the past. Might work, might not, worth a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.