Mac Mini, 2GB RAM....Is this right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini CD 1.66; 2GB RAM, 80GB HD
So I finally got a Mac. I opted for a Dual Core Mac Mini so I could still fall back to Windows if need be. I ordered it from Apple's refurb/recert section. It was listed as having 512 MB RAM. Last night I was getting myself acclimated to the system and I came across "About this Mac". The thing that cought my attention was the fact that next to Memory, it says 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM. Have the Mac gods looked upon me with favor or is that just saying what it is upgradeable to? I'm assuming it actually has 2GB and that it was just spec'd wrong on the site but I don't want to get too excited until I can have it verified by someone that actually knows whats going on in this world of Mac.

Reaction score
I think that it is maximum 2gb ram.. 512 standard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
CEN7272 said:
So I finally got a Mac. I opted for a Dual Core Mac Mini so I could still fall back to Windows if need be. I ordered it from Apple's refurb/recert section. It was listed as having 512 MB RAM. Last night I was getting myself acclimated to the system and I came across "About this Mac". The thing that cought my attention was the fact that next to Memory, it says 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM. Have the Mac gods looked upon me with favor or is that just saying what it is upgradeable to? I'm assuming it actually has 2GB and that it was just spec'd wrong on the site but I don't want to get too excited until I can have it verified by someone that actually knows whats going on in this world of Mac.

If it says 2GB RAM under About this Mac, that should be the actual amount of RAM you've got in there. It said 512 MB on mine yesterday, and 1GB after I upgraded it. You lucky *******t :)

Reaction score
Yeah, your Mac mini actually has 2GB of RAM installed. When you buy off of Apple's refurb section, you often get a machine specc'd above standard. Maybe this is a good day to purchase a lottery ticket as well. ;)

Congrats, and enjoy your new Mac.

OP
CEN7272
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini CD 1.66; 2GB RAM, 80GB HD
That's great news....that has made my new Mac experience even better. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.