scrolling text box problem

R

rosevelyn

Would someone here know how to fix a problem that is evident on the Mac and Firefox but works in Explorer? My web designer has provided me with a scrolling text box on the home page of my site that I may modify in Front Page. Please view my home page to see what I mean. http://www.naturalneighborhood.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I believe you'll find that the marquee tag is a Microsoft invention. In other words, it is not part of the HTML spec and may be ignored or not fully implemented by other browsers.

Perhaps your developer can use some _standards_ that will be more globally acceptable.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I tried your page on every browser in the house on both Windows XP Pro SP2 to Mac OSX Panther and Tiger. NO BROWSER on any platform except IE in XP SP2 will display that textbox with scrolling text properly. All the other browsers look exactly the same. What you are using is Microsoft code that no one else supports. I am sure there is a way to have that box work with other browsers. I was sort of suprised that Firefox even in XP displayed it wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I'd personally have your web developer try out several browsers to ensure compatibility for his/her programming before posting. We develop on Mac but spend much time getting the results to be synonymous with each

Reaction score
deus_ex_machina said:
I'd personally have your web developer try out several browsers to ensure compatibility for his/her programming before posting. We develop on Mac but spend much time getting the results to be synonymous with each
I agree. Much of our time is spent sorting out IE6 hacks to get sites to render on that dreaded MS browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
min_max9000 said:
I agree. Much of our time is spent sorting out IE6 hacks to get sites to render on that dreaded MS browser.

I couldn't agree with you more. Really. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.